The Von der Heyden Group prides itself with an experienced, skilled, and diversely international team of over 200 employees.
We are always in search for the best talent in our respective fields and look forward to new recruits that will add value to our paramount teams.
Our subsidiaries, offices or representations are in in Poland (Warsaw, Poznań, Lublin and Gdańsk), Germany (Berlin, Munich, Ingelheim and Passau), Spain (Madrid, Menorca), Italy (Sardinia, Tuscany), Portugal (Carvoeiro) and Malta (Senglea, Birgu, Sliema, St. Julian’s and Gzira).
The Von der Heyden Group is currently hiring the below positions.
Kindly contact [email protected] to apply.
Von der Heyden Group is seeking a reliable and organized temporary Office Assistant to cover a maternity leave. The Office Assistant will perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks to ensure the efficient operation of the office.
- Greet visitors and clients, answer and direct phone calls and take messages as necessary
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating meetings and events
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, including sorting, distributing, and processing incoming/outgoing mail and packages
- File and maintain paper and electronic documents and records
- Order and maintain office supplies and equipment
- Assist with various administrative tasks, including data entry, typing, and photocopying
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks as requested by management
- O’level standard
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and handle unexpected tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Be currently residing in Malta.
Reporting mainly to the Head of Finance, the Financial Controller will be responsible for the financial planning and analysis (FP&A) and review and controlling processes of the VDH Group and will also be involved in the Group financial reporting (consolidation) and treasury management.
Financial planning, review, analysis and controlling
- Responsible for the Group budgeting and forecasting process including the preparation Group budget and the review and revision of the stand-alone budgets of the companies within the Group,
- Responsible for the Procurement and Expenses Process ensuring compliance with the Procurement and Expenses Policies including the review and approval of purchase requisitions, travel requests and expenses and tracking them against approved budgets.
- Review and analyse the financial results of the Group and of individual companies within the Group, including period-over-period comparisons as well as against budgets ensuring that costs are posted to the correct budget lines, investigate variances and unexpected fluctuations and report to management.
- Identify cost deficiencies and areas for improvement, recommend solutions and propose changes to policies and procedures to Management as well monitor implementation thereof.
Group financial reporting
- Support the Head of Finance in the financial reporting process of the Group and in the preparation of the IFRS financial statements.
- Review the quarterly and annual consolidation reporting packages of the Group’s subsidiaries prepared by the accountants of the subsidiaries.
- Prepare IFRS consolidation schedules and reports.
- Ad hoc tasks and reporting.
- Monitor cash flows, cash position and liquidity of the companies within the Group, control payments and suggest funding requirements.
- Monitor receivables and follow-up collections thereof with the finance personnel of the subsidiaries.
- Ensure reconciliation of balances with among group companies
- Assist on fund procurement through banks and other financial institutions.
- Review and approve payment runs.
- Qualified accountant, minimum 5 years in the accountancy field
- Proficient in International Financial Reporting Standards as adopted by the EU
- Experience in consolidation in accordance with IFRS as adopted by the EU
- High proficiency in MS Office (mostly Excel) with experience in PowerQuery and PowerBI.
- Ability to work under own initiative
By applying to any of the above roles, you agree to the processing set out in our Privacy notice for candidates.