The Von der Heyden Group prides itself with an experienced, skilled, and diversely international team of over 200 employees.
We are always in search for the best talent in our respective fields and look forward to new recruits that will add value to our paramount teams.
Our subsidiaries, offices or representations are in in Poland (Warsaw, Poznań, Lublin and Gdańsk), Germany (Berlin, Munich, Ingelheim and Passau), Spain (Madrid, Menorca), Italy (Sardinia, Tuscany), Portugal (Carvoeiro) and Malta (Senglea, Birgu, Sliema, St. Julian’s and Gzira).
The Von der Heyden Group is currently hiring the below positions.
Kindly contact [email protected] to apply.
Von der Heyden Group is seeking a reliable and organized temporary Office Assistant to cover a maternity leave. The Office Assistant will perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks to ensure the efficient operation of the office.
- Greet visitors and clients, answer and direct phone calls and take messages as necessary
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating meetings and events
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, including sorting, distributing, and processing incoming/outgoing mail and packages
- File and maintain paper and electronic documents and records
- Order and maintain office supplies and equipment
- Assist with various administrative tasks, including data entry, typing, and photocopying
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks as requested by management
- O’level standard
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and handle unexpected tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Be currently residing in Malta.
Reporting mainly to the Head of Finance, the Financial Controller will be responsible for the financial planning and analysis (FP&A) and review and controlling processes of the VDH Group and will also be involved in the Group financial reporting (consolidation) and treasury management.
Financial planning, review, analysis and controlling
- Responsible for the Group budgeting and forecasting process including the preparation Group budget and the review and revision of the stand-alone budgets of the companies within the Group,
- Responsible for the Procurement and Expenses Process ensuring compliance with the Procurement and Expenses Policies including the review and approval of purchase requisitions, travel requests and expenses and tracking them against approved budgets.
- Review and analyse the financial results of the Group and of individual companies within the Group, including period-over-period comparisons as well as against budgets ensuring that costs are posted to the correct budget lines, investigate variances and unexpected fluctuations and report to management.
- Identify cost deficiencies and areas for improvement, recommend solutions and propose changes to policies and procedures to Management as well monitor implementation thereof.
Group financial reporting
- Support the Head of Finance in the financial reporting process of the Group and in the preparation of the IFRS financial statements.
- Review the quarterly and annual consolidation reporting packages of the Group’s subsidiaries prepared by the accountants of the subsidiaries.
- Prepare IFRS consolidation schedules and reports.
- Ad hoc tasks and reporting.
- Monitor cash flows, cash position and liquidity of the companies within the Group, control payments and suggest funding requirements.
- Monitor receivables and follow-up collections thereof with the finance personnel of the subsidiaries.
- Ensure reconciliation of balances with among group companies
- Assist on fund procurement through banks and other financial institutions.
- Review and approve payment runs.
- Qualified accountant, minimum 5 years in the accountancy field
- Proficient in International Financial Reporting Standards as adopted by the EU
- Experience in consolidation in accordance with IFRS as adopted by the EU
- High proficiency in MS Office (mostly Excel) with experience in PowerQuery and PowerBI.
- Ability to work under own initiative
The Von der Heyden Group was founded in Germany in 1989 by Sven von der Heyden as a high-quality niche player on the European Real Estate Market. Over more than 30 years, the Von der Heyden Group has recorded investment programs, representations and developments in almost 20 cities around Europe.
The Von der Heyden Group is seeking an Investments Analyst who is analytic and passionate to join its dynamic finance team.
The main role of the Investments Analyst is to undertake analysis of unlisted investment opportunities with a focus on Real Estate and potentially also other industries. In addition, the associate will undertake analysis of stocks, bonds and other instruments on the international Capital Markets, complete market research, run financial analysis models and valuations in support of Management investment decisions.
- Agile, entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to be successful in a fast-moving environment
- Fast learner, willing to go the extra mile to understand and underwrite new investments, analytically minded, team player
- Confidence in working under pressure with multiple deals ongoing simultaneously
- The Investment analyst/associate will source and undertake analysis of a broad range of new investment opportunities ranging from real estate, listed equities, fixed income, and other alternative investments.
- They will complete market and deal research, and support senior members on transaction execution
- Build and run financial models and lead all financial analysis that informs investment decisions
- Financial analysis and modelling of a wide range of real estate investments across multiple geographies and asset classes.
- Modelling and valuation of listed & private companies and other alternative investments.
- Conduct research and liaise with other teams to formulate the in-house key underwriting assumptions.
- Preparation of documents for in/external purposes, including writing Investment Committee memos and presentations to management
- Work within a small, relatively flat team, coordinating directly with senior team members and external advisors
- Broad exposure to the full transactions life-cycle including asset management.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years’ experience in investment banking, private equity management consulting and/or investment management. Real estate experience is a plus
- Finance, Business, Economics or a similar degree
- Deep knowledge and understanding of finance with strong excel modelling, analytical and valuations skills
- CFA or an equivalent certification preferred but not essential.
- Fluent in English and ideally another European language